Welcome

Welcome to my blog, random stuff about me and where I live, plus some bits about my jewellery.

Ley Holloway is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk

Tuesday 4 May 2010

May week

As we came home from work yesterday, (the joys of owning a tourist atraction!) we spotted three of our local morris men in green rag costumes and black faces. It's great living here all those traditions are happily alive

This photo was taken about 4 years ago when we still took occasional days off, that first May bank holiday was always a bit dead in our old shop.
I've just opened a facebook storefront http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=388700616004&v=app_135607783795  Hopefully it might get a bit more attention than some of the other sites I'm trying to sell through.

Currently working on another lace piece, no pictures yet I'll post some when I get the chance. Here's my most recent finished piece.


I've called this one Green Egyptian I'll go and load it into Folksy & Coriandr and everywhere else now.
The 'stone' is a piece of very dark green sea glass. This type of glass is thought to date from as far back as the 17th century, it looks black until you hold it up to the light and tends to be very thick but very smoothly rounded due to the length of time spent in the sea. The piece uses mostly new beads in the woven necklace with some vintage ones in the mount and the loops hanging below. the 'gold' accent is part of a very gaudy 70s ring which I cut up, I've enamel painted the cut surfaces to get rid of the grey base metal! Effective though I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ley Holloway's Fan Box

Ley Holloway on Facebook