Welcome

Welcome to my blog, random stuff about me and where I live, plus some bits about my jewellery.

Ley Holloway is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Learning the basics

I've been training to be a computer basics trainer today, I spent most of the afternoon following a government approved training course called myguide. If you have a friend or family member who is terrified of computers I can recommend it, it takes you through everything from how to turn the computer on and off to sending emails and online banking. It was quite fun until I got 4 out of 7 in the email quiz, went back to do it again and got 3 out of 7! Just goes to show you if you think you know what you're doing you can miss the details and get it all wrong. Got tripped up in the adding an attachment section, their email system is quite different to mine and I kept forgetting and trying to do it the way I usually do!





You can always find a book instead I suppose and read that before you even touch one of these mad beasts. One part of the course was a crossword, where the clues were answers to basic questions about using a keyboard and a mouse. I got all the answers on the grid and it said I'd got it wrong! It did the same thing to my friend as well so a minor glitch there but it was fine otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ley Holloway's Fan Box

Ley Holloway on Facebook