Welcome

Welcome to my blog, random stuff about me and where I live, plus some bits about my jewellery.

Ley Holloway is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk

Thursday 10 June 2010

Bring Back Mastercrafts

There's a campaign running to try to persuade the BBC to commission a second series of the wonderful Mastercrafts. This was truly magical television, a real cut above the usual dross that seems to pass for entertainment these days, Visit the UK Handmade site: http://ukhandmade.co.uk/magazine/petition?destination=node%2F38
to sign the petition if you would like to see a second series. If you missed the first series you missed something really good. Watching people with real passion for their craft and skills that are almost lost to us, passing on their knowledge, watching people blossom and find their true vocation in life, frequently under quite trying personal circumstances, really inspiring and riveting viewing.
I am not really surprised, I suppose, that the decision has been made not to go ahead with a planned second series. There was no vicious infighting between the apprentices, in fact on several occasions they supported and assisted each other, all of them really wanted to win but all of them praised their competitors and admired their work. The three apprentices in each show were all really determined to succeed and all found strengths, and weaknesses, within themselves. A thoughtful and intelligent programme, too thoughtful and intelligent?

2 comments:

  1. Hi - thanks for your comments over on my Mastercrafts post! I think the other thing we can do is write/email the Director General BBC so I intend to locate him via the BBC website this weekend - poor chap! But it is a worthwhile cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I emailed a comment via the website, I think he might be getting quite a few!

    ReplyDelete

Ley Holloway's Fan Box

Ley Holloway on Facebook