Welcome

Welcome to my blog, random stuff about me and where I live, plus some bits about my jewellery.

Ley Holloway is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk

Monday 4 April 2011

What would make you proud of your country?

A little rantette.

I don't know what anyone else thinks, I certainly have no idea what the politicians think, but here's what would make me proud:

Everyone having a safe and decent place to live.
Everyone able to feed themselves and their family healthy food.
Everyone getting a proper education.
Everyone feeling safe and respected no matter where they live, where they come from, what they believe or how old or young they are.
Everyone able to get whatever medical treatment they need.
(Nobody earning more money than anyone could possibly spend in several lifetimes).
Those are the things that would make me proud of my country, just my own opinion and I do mean everybody, no exceptions.
I think those are the things that we shoud be worrying about first, before anything else.
Come to that wouldn't those things make you proud of the world if we could get them for everyone?

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, and I love the photo, we spotted these dancers at Widecombe-in-the-Moor back in October last year.

    ReplyDelete

Ley Holloway's Fan Box

Ley Holloway on Facebook