Welcome

Welcome to my blog, random stuff about me and where I live, plus some bits about my jewellery.

Ley Holloway is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk

Tuesday 14 August 2012

A little further on with the Willow Pattern

Here's a couple of tiny steps forward, two rows of stitching on the largest piece of one of my planned sets using fragments of ceramic.




The two rows of beading consist of a 'lift row' of slightly larger beads, since the ceramic has a square edge and is reasonably thick, this row is necessary to get the beads up to a level where they begin to cover the edge of the piece and create a mount. This technique is really designed for cabochons, when the lift row is not needed. Both these rows are vintage beads, the blue beads come from a beaded collar in white, orange and blue, it was damaged so I felt justified in taking it apart. You can see the beads in the background above. the white beads may have come from a similar collar in all white beads but I have rather a lot of opaque white beads so I'm not certain these are the ones from the collar.



This is the collar, partly taken apart, seems a shame but it was already damaged.


Well that's all I've had time for yet, my life is a little complicated at the moment so I fit beading in where I can. Check back later for further developments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ley Holloway's Fan Box

Ley Holloway on Facebook