Welcome

Welcome to my blog, random stuff about me and where I live, plus some bits about my jewellery.

Ley Holloway is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Latest Stuff

Seems like a long time since I posted anything. So here goes. Recently the national sandcastle competition took place in Woolacombe Bay. This is an annual event to raise money for the local Hospice.


This picture shows an attempt on the world record for the most sandcastles built in an hour, unfortunately the attempt fell a few short but there are plans to try again.






Building teams hard at work on their entries for the main competition

Finished entries


 The winner 
 second prize, can you spot the flames in his nostrils?
 Another view of the winning entry
 That flaming dragon again
 Third prize from Ilfracombe Round Table
 Smiley turtle

As you can see there were some amazing entries and lots of hard work.

Well done everyone and it was a glorious hot sunny day too!

The weekend before this, Ilfracombe held it's first ever arts festival, part of the North Devon Arts Festival, it was an amazing success and I took part in the craft fair in The Lantern, a lovely converted Methodist chapel in the High Street. I didn't make many sales but made a contact with a lady who runs a gallery at Instow, where I now have a few pieces on display.


This is a recent piece I'm quite pleased with, which is now at the Waterside Gallery Instow


2 comments:

  1. wondering if you came across glen headland (photographer) who is my cousin and usually takes part in the north devon arts festival?
    the sand castles look great, looks like it was a nice day, too.
    joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't remember meeting Glen, but the festival covers a pretty big area and I was only involved in the Ilfracombe bit.

    ReplyDelete

Ley Holloway's Fan Box

Ley Holloway on Facebook